MSP STEP-UP Scholarship
The Step-Up Scholarship is funded by a Title V “Step Up to College” grant. The scholarship is used to make awards to Glendale Community College students who transfer to CSU Northridge. In order to qualify for this scholarship you must upload a copy of your unofficial transcripts from Glendale Community College and respond to the Personal Statement essay prompt.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Must be a transfer student from Glendale Community College.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA greater than or equal to a 2.8.
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- One letter of recommendation must be requested and submitted via the my Matador Scholarship
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.
- Supplemental Questions
- I am a first-time, transfer student with 60 transferable units from Glendale Community College.
- Discuss how your cultural background, family, and/or neighborhood have influenced your desire to pursue a college education. Elaborate on your short and long term academic and/or professional goals.
- The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure . How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- How do you define success?
- Given your background, anticipated educational achievements, and future goals, how do you plan on giving back to your community?
- [MSP 1] Please request: A letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, counselor, or community leader - who can attest to your meritorious performance and personal strengths and can assess your potential for academic and career success. The letter should include a signature, title, and contact information. The letter should be addressed to: *Award Selection Committee*.
- Please upload: Unofficial transcripts from Glendale Community College
- Please upload: A copy of your student resume/CV. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.
- Show 3 more