MSP Sibyl M. Koontz Memorial - Quota Club Scholarship
The Sibyl M. Koontz Memorial Quota Scholarship was established in memory of Sibyl M. Koontz by her husband. Sibyl passed away in 1986 leaving a legacy of respect for education and students’ success. This scholarship is reserved for graduate students preparing to teach hearing-impaired students. Preference will be given to applicant who is a resident of Bakersfield or Kern County.
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than required enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.5
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- One letter of recommendation will be submitted on my behalf via the myMatador Scholarship portal.
- Applicants must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application on file for the upcoming academic year.
*Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.
- Supplemental Questions
- I am a resident of Bakersfield or Kern County.
- I am preparing to teach hearing-impaired students.
- Describe your career goals and how you are preparing to teach hearing-impaired students. Be specific. If there was a specific defining moment in which your desire to be a teacher was affirmed, please elaborate on that experience.Additionally, state any relevant classes you have taken or plan to take. Discuss volunteer work and any previous or current relevant work experience.
- Describe a change you would like to make in the world. Tell us about how you would plan to make that change, and what obstacles you might encounter along the way.
- [MSP 1] Please request: A letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, counselor, or community leader - who can attest to your meritorious performance and personal strengths and can assess your potential for academic and career success. The letter should include a signature, title, and contact information. The letter should be addressed to: *Award Selection Committee*.
- Please upload your current Degree Progress Report
- Please upload: A copy of your student resume/CV. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.
- Show 2 more