CSU Hampton Scholars Scholarship
Dr. Claudia H. Hampton was the first African American trustee of the California State University. She was on the board for 20 years from 1974 to 1994; serving as chair for three of those years from 1979 to 1981. She was a teacher and administrator in the Los Angeles Unified School District for 25 years, retiring in 1981 as director of the district’s Human and School-Community Relations Resource Office.
The Hampton Scholars Scholarship was funded in her honor to recognize students who excel academically and exemplify Dr. Hampton’s dedication.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Be graduates of the California Academy of Mathematics and Science (CAMS) to apply.
- Be currently enrolled or be entering a first semester as a student at California State University Northridge and must hold a student status during the scholarship period.
- Remain a California State University, Northridge full-time equivalent student during the scholarship period.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by a completed FAFSA or California Dream Act application.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during the Fall 2020 & Spring 2021 terms.
- Graduate students must enroll in 8 units or more during the Fall 2020 & Spring 2021 terms.
- All students must submit a CSU Systemwide Scholarship Applicant Information Form via the my Matador Scholarships portal.
The CSU Systemwide Scholarship Applicant Information Form can be found via the following link: https://www.csun.edu/financialaid/csu-foundation. Complete the fillable PDF, save your information, and upload a copy of your completed form to this application.
For more information on this and other CSU Systemwide scholarships, please visit https://www.csun.edu/financialaid/csu-foundation