MSP David Simmons Scholarship
David Simmons was a man of humble beginnings and high hopes for the future. He believed in education and read every book in his home town library by the time he was twelve years old. David was not able to pursue his college aspirations because he had to help his father run a produce market. Later in life, he moved to California and opened up his own produce market in Culver City. He believed in following your dreams and even though he was never able to pursue higher education, he wanted other students to be able to. By establishing the MSP David Simmons Scholarship, David hopes to support students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Marketing, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, or a Masters of Business Administration. Preference will be given to students majoring in Marketing. As you continue on your educational path, consider David’s words: "You Are a Miracle…Act on your Dreams.”
Please note: Any change to your enrollment status resulting in less than full time enrollment for any term within the award year will result in a cancellation of your award.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Marketing, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, or a Masters of Business Administration.
- Undergraduates must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Graduate students must have a GPA of at least 3.5
- Must have a FAFSA or California Dream Act application on file for the upcoming academic year.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in 12 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- Graduate students must enroll in 6 units or more during each award term – Fall & Spring terms of the upcoming academic year.
- One letter of recommendation will be submitted on my behalf via the my Matador Scholarship portal.
- Must upload a copy of your student resume. A student resume is a detailed record of your personal and educational information. It includes the name of your school/college, coursework, projects (if any) undertaken, and awards. The resume may also contain additional information like your extracurricular activities, volunteer experiences, job experiences (if any), hobbies, etc.